Dear St. Jane Frances de Chantal School Community,
Happy 3rd week of Easter and Carnival weekend! What a blessing it is to see so many families and alumni support our school’s biggest fundraiser of the year. We are grateful to all of our school families, parishioner volunteers, and staff who put in countless hours to bring this event together. Thank you for all of the care and love you brought to our school carnival!
Looking ahead, here is what is coming up/notes for you:• No School – There is no school this Monday for carnival clean-up and Friday for Onward Readers teacher professional development.
• Yearbook Dedications – If you are an 8th grade parent or would like to create a student tribute, yearbook dedications can be purchased for $100 in April. For more information, please see Ms. Rygiel or Mr. Ramirez.
• Annie – Annie, a school-wide play, is practiced during music class. Each grade has their own songs to sing in the play. The various actors and actresses are from the different grades. Ticket sales will be announced in May and Annie is performed at a night performance at the end of the year. Scene 5 practice is in Kinder room 4/19 from 3-4 PM.
• Child Abuse Prevention Month – Did you know that April is Child Abuse Prevention Month? As a school, protect our students in many ways, including the newly-installed safety gates, Teaching Touching Safety classes for students earlier this year (which includes internet safety), and Virtus training for all of our staff and volunteers. This week, the Leadership Team and I are going to safety classes called Run Hide Fight and Stop the Bleed, which are given by approved LAPD speakers & officers.
Saints of the Week/Feast Days:• 4/15 – Blessed Caesar de Bus
• 4/16 – Saint Bernadette Soubirous
• 4/17 – Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
• 4/18 – Blessed James Oldo
• 4/19 – Saint Gianna Beretta Molia (who is a pediatrician, wife, & mom)
• 4/20 – Saint Conrad of Parzham
• 4/21 – Saint Anselm
(If you click the calendar link, there are biographies of each saint/feast day: https://www.franciscanmedia.org/sod-calendar/ )
School Events:• 4/16 – No School (Carnival Clean-up)
• 4/20 – No School (Teacher Professional Development)
• 4/22 – Family Mass @ 9 AM/Breakfast (Sponsored by 7th Grade; Knights of Columbus will announce their Cancun raffle winner & the start of a school poster contest!)
• 4/27 – Student of the Month (8:45 AM in the Church)
• 4/28 – 1st Reconciliation (9:30 AM in the Church)
Many blessings to you and your family!
God bless,Mrs. Bev Reyes
Mrs. Ashley Giron