Dear St. Jane Frances de Chantal School Community,
Happy 5th week of Easter!
Looking ahead, here is what is coming up/notes for you:• Annie – Our Spring production of Annie is Thursday, 5/31 from 6-7 PM in the Gym. The entire school will perform songs from the play Annie and the play is performed for our St. Jane actors. Tickets will go on sale soon. There will be no tickets sold at the door that night. More information to follow.
• Spring Food Drive – The 3rd grade class is sponsoring a Spring Food Drive to help Pan de Vida’s food pantry throughout the summer. Please support our parish community!
• Knights of Columbus Poster Contest – This Sunday, the Knights of Columbus announced a school-wide poster contest on pro-life. There are 3 categories: K-2nd, 3rd-5th, & 6th-8th. Deadline for submitting a poster is May 11. Please look at the flyer for details.
• Yearbook Dedications – If you are an 8th grade parent or would like to create a student tribute, yearbook dedications can be purchased for $100. Deadline for submitting a page is May 11. Please look at the link for details. https://bit.ly/2HVsxEW
• Carnival Service Hour Forms – If you haven’t turned in your service hour forms to be signed for Carnival, please turn it in to your homeroom teacher by Friday.
• Emergency Evacuation Drill form – Thank you to all of the families that turned in the form. If you haven’t, it is due by 5/2 so that we can practice the school’s safety procedures.
Saints of the Week/Feast Days:
• 4/29 – Saint Catherine of Siena
• 4/30 – Saint Pius V
• 5/1 – Saint Joseph the Worker
• 5/2 – Saint Athanasius
• 5/3 – Saints Phillip & James
• 5/4 – Blessed Michael Giedroyc
• 5/5 – Saint Hilary of Arles
(If you click the calendar link, there are biographies of each saint/feast day: https://www.franciscanmedia.org/sod-calendar/ )
School Events:• 4/30 – Annie Rehearsal (Scene 8 at 3-4 PM in the Kinder Room)
• 5/1 – Annie Rehearsal (Scene 1-2 at 3-4 PM in the Kinder Room)
• 5/2 – Annie Rehearsal (Scene 3-4 at 3-4 PM in the Kinder Room)
• 5/3 – $2 Nachos & $1 Drinks (sponsored by the Kindness Club during 12-1 PM. Proceeds go to the Veterans’ Hospital in honor of Memorial Day)
• 5/4 –Pizza/Corn Fundraiser (sponsored by 8th grade after school; also 5/11, 5/18, 5/25, & 6/1)
• 5/6 – Family Mass/Breakfast (sponsored by 1st, 2nd & 8th grade)
• 5/8 – Teacher Appreciation Day
• 5/12 – 1st Communion (9 AM meet in Music Room; 10 AM in the Church)
Many blessings to you and your family!
God bless,Mrs. Bev Reyes
Mrs. Ashley Giron