Dear St. Jane Frances de Chantal School Community,
We are halfway through the season of Lent. Today’s Gospel reflects about Jesus healing a man that was born blind. Let us take the time to reflect how we can open our eyes more to God’s love and to the people that surround us. Here is a short reflection video by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops:
Looking ahead, here is what is coming up/notes for you:
• Carnival purchases – $65Carnival tickets & $50 to help with purchasing carnival items are due by tomorrow, March 9.
• Carnival Information – The sign-ups for set-up and clean-up will be out starting March 12. This will be up until it is filled. If you have a business & would like to rent space, please call the office. Wristbands will be sold in the office starting Monday, March 12.
• Spelling Bee – Congratulations to our Spelling Bee finalists! The Knights of Columbus Spelling Bee is on March 15 (Grades 1-4) and March 20 (Grades 5-8) at Our Lady of Grace in Encino.
• St. Patrick’s Day/Kite Day – This Wednesday, March 14 is $2 Green Free Dress. Food will be sold at lunch for $1-2 (such as snow cones & nachos). Proceeds will pay for teacher professional development. Kite Day will be after lunch. Grades 1st-8th grade can bring a kite that is ready to fly.
• Annie – Annie auditions are closed. There will be a meeting soon for those that are participating. More information to follow.
Saints of the Week/Feast Days:
• 3/11 - Saint John Ogilvie
• 3/12 – Blessed Angela Salawa
• 3/13 - Saint Leander of Seville
• 3/14 – Saint Maximilian
• 3/15 – Saint Louise de Marillac
• 3/16 – Saint Clement Mary Hofbauer
• 3/17 – Saint Patrick
(If you click the calendar link, there are biographies of each saint/feast day: https://www.franciscanmedia.org/sod-calendar/ )
• 3/12 – Trimester III Begins
• 3/14 – St. Patrick’s Day Green Free Dress ($2); Kite Day (1st-8th Grade)
• 3/15 – Stations of the Cross (9 AM in the Church)
• 3/16 – No School (Religious Education Congress)
• 3/22 – Jump Rope for Health (via American Red Cross)
• 3/23 – Corn/Pizza Fundraiser
• 3/29 – Good Thursday; Living Stations; Minimum Day
• 3/30-4/8 – Easter Break
• 4/3-7 – Washington D.C. Trip (7th & 8th Graders)
• 4/9 – No School (Teacher Professional Development)
• 4/13-15 – Carnival (No School on the 13th)
• 4/16 – No School (Carnival Clean-up)
Mrs. Bev Reyes