Dear St. Jane Frances de Chantal School Community,
Welcome to the start of Holy Week. Today’s Gospel reflects on Palm Sunday and the passion of Jesus. Let’s take the time this week to be grateful of the love that Jesus so freely gives us. Here is a short reflection video by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvrLEgygH9k&index=25&list=PLpTzvCOJa7DAoMqHc4moKtTJSI6gsth32
Looking ahead, here is what is coming up/notes for you:
• No After School – Thursday, March 29 is a minimum day. There is no after school care on that day.
• Carnival Hours - This is the last opportunity to sign-up for carnival volunteer hours. The sign-ups that are out are the only sign-up sheets that remain. If you need extra volunteer hours for the top portion of the service card, you may do so. Also, a letter will go out when we come back from break on how to sign in/out during carnival volunteer hours.
• Emergency Evacuation Form – As part of our safety procedures, each student must turn in the emergency evacuation form. The form is needed so that we can practice different emergency drills by the end of the month. This form needs to be on file and given to the teacher by tomorrow, March 26.
• Yearbook Dedications – If you are an 8th grade parent or would like to create a student tribute, yearbook dedications can be purchased for $100 by April. For more information, please see Ms. Rygiel or Mr. Ramirez.
• Annie – Scene 1 practice in Kinder room from 3-4 PM. The money for the Annie t-shirts are due 3/26.
Saints of the Week/Feast Days:• 3/25 – Palm Sunday (Start of Holy Week); Annunciation of the Lord
• 3/26 – Saint Catherine of Genoa
• 3/27 - Lazarus
• 3/28 – Saint Catharine of Bologna
• 3/29 – Saint Ludovico of Casoria
• 3/30 – Holy Thursday; Saint Peter Regalado
• 3/31 – Good Friday; Saint Stephen of Mar Saba
(If you click the calendar link, there are biographies of each saint/feast day: https://www.franciscanmedia.org/sod-calendar/ )
School Events:• 3/29 – Good Thursday; Living Stations (9 AM in the Church); Minimum Day; NO AFTER SCHOOL THAT DAY.
• 3/30-4/8 – Easter Break
• 4/3-7 – Washington D.C. Trip (7th & 8th Graders)
• 4/9 – No School (Teacher Professional Development)
• 4/13-15 – Carnival (No School on the 13th)
• 4/16 – No School (Carnival Clean-up)
• 4/20 – No School (Teacher Professional Development)
• 4/22 – Family Mass @ 9 AM/Breakfast (Sponsored by 7th Grade)
• 4/27 – Student of the Month (8:45 AM in the Church)
• 4/28 – 1st Reconciliation (9:30 AM in the Church)
Have a blessed and grace-filled Holy Week as we enter the holiest of weeks.
God bless,Mrs. Bev Reyes