Dear St. Jane Frances de Chantal School Community,
Happy 3rd Sunday of Lent! Today’s Gospel reflects about Jesus in Jerusalem. There, he drove out the money changers from the temple and talks about it being destroyed, yet rising on the 3rd day. Take a moment to retreat with this short reflection video by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51fvQvk0cj4&list=PLpTzvCOJa7DAoMqHc4moKtTJSI6gsth32&index=4
Looking ahead, here is what is coming up/notes for you:
• Jog-a-thon – Thank you for all of your help in making it memorable! In Jog-a-thon fees and food sales, we raised $3,452. We are almost half-way in reaching our goal to purchase the new gate buzzers for increased school safety. Special thanks to Mrs. & Mr. Whited, Mrs. Roumbus, Mr. Cuevas, Mrs. Batte, & Ms. Madanyan.
• Movie Night – Our Movie Night on Friday was a great community building success. Thank you to Mrs. Harding for planning our family event.
• Carnival purchases – $65Carnival tickets & $50 to help with purchasing carnival items are due by March 9. If you haven’t picked up your tickets, please do so ASAP.
• Carnival security – Sign-ups to volunteer for carnival security is with Mrs. Roumbus from 7AM-2:40 PM Monday-Thursday starting March 5. This will be up until it is filled.
• Spelling Bee – Our school spelling bee is coming up on Friday, March 9 in the gym after Student of the Month. The top ten spellers from each grade in 1-8 will be chosen from last week’s Spelling Inventory assessment. Notices will be given out early this week.
Saints of the Week/Feast Days:• 3/4 - Saint Casimir
• 3/5 – Saint John Joseph of the Cross
• 3/6 - Saint Mary Ann of Jesus of Paredes
• 3/7 – Saints Perpetua and Felicity
• 3/8 – Saint John of God
• 3/9 – Saint Frances of Rome
• 3/10 – Saint Dominic Savio
(If you click the calendar link, there are biographies of each saint/feast day: https://www.franciscanmedia.org/sod-calendar/ )
School Events:• 3/5 – Room Parent Meeting
• 3/8 – Stations of the Cross (9 AM in the church); Jump Rope for Heart (with the American Heart Association)
• 3/9 – Trimester II Ends; Student of the Month; Gate Buzzers Fundraiser (Pizza/Corn after school); Spelling Bee
• 3/10 – 1st Communion Retreat (9:30 AM-12:30 PM)
• 3/11– Daylight Savings; Family Mass/Breakfast (sponsored by 3rd & 4th grade); Academic Decathlon
• 3/12– Trimester III Begins
• 3/16 – No School (Religious Education Congress)
• 3/23 – Corn/Pizza Fundraiser
• 3/29– Good Thursday; Living Stations; Minimum Day
God bless,Mrs. Bev Reyes