May 14-18, 2018
Dear St. Jane Frances de Chantal School Community,
I would like to welcome our new incoming principal, Mrs. Ashley Giron! She is joining us from Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School in Hollywood. Her welcome letter is attached below. She and I will be working together in the next couple of weeks as we build on our strengths and chart new paths of growth. Please give her a hearty St. Jane hello and welcome as she joins our school community!
SchoolSpeak Online Registration – We are moving to an online tuition system for next school year. If you are registering online, there is a discount of $100 per student registered AND the online registration fee is $400 before June 1st. After, the online registration fee is $500. The registration link was sent to your email. If you need to meet with me regarding tuition, please call the office.
Looking ahead, here is what is coming up/notes for you:• Teacher Appreciation Day – Thank you to all of the parents that helped to create a special teacher appreciation day! On behalf of the teachers and staff, they are grateful for your thoughtfulness and generosity.
• Annie – Our Spring production of Annie is Thursday, 5/31 from 6-7 PM in the Gym. The entire school will perform songs from the play Annie and the play is performed by our St. Jane actors. Tickets are on sale after school until they are all gone. General seating is $10 & seats aren’t reserved. There will be no tickets sold at the door that night. Student attire to be announced.
• Extended Knights of Columbus Poster Contest – The Knights of Columbus Poster contest is extended for 1 more week! There are 3 categories: K-2nd, 3rd-5th, & 6th-8th, with awards for each category. Deadline for submitting a poster is this Friday, May 18.
• School Calendar – The 2018-2019 school calendar is live on our school website. http://www.stjanefrancesschool.org/
• First Communion – Congratulations to our students that received 1st Communion yesterday. What a beautiful ceremony!
Saints of the Week/Feast Days:• 5/13 – Our Lady of Fatima
• 5/14 – Saint Matthias
• 5/15 – Saint Isidore the Farmer
• 5/16 – Saint Margaret of Cortona
• 5/17 – Saint Paschal Baylon
• 5/18 – Saint John I
• 5/19 – Saint Theophilus of Corte
(If you click the calendar link, there are biographies of each saint/feast day: https://www.franciscanmedia.org/sod-calendar/ )
School Events:• 5/14 – Annie Rehearsal (All Scenes at 3-4 PM in the Kinder Room; also 5/16-17)
• 5/15 – Washington DC/New York Trip Information Meeting (6 PM in 8th Grade Room)
• 5/17-31 – STAR Testing
• 5/18 – Student of the Month; Knights of Columbus Poster Contest Due; Pizza/Corn Fundraiser (sponsored by 8th grade after school; also 5/25, & 6/1)
• 5/25 – May Crowning
• 5/28 – Memorial Day (No School)
• 5/31 – Annie (6-7 PM in Gym; Tickets only)
• 6/1 – Michael’s Uniform on campus (Will sell school uniform and PE uniform)
• 6/4 – Free Dress (Students who participated/sang in evening production of Annie)
Happy Mother’s Day! We are blessed by your dedication and wish you a lovely Mother’s Day with your family.
God bless,Mrs. Bev Reyes
Comments are closed.
Mrs. Ashley Giron