Dear St. Jane Frances de Chantal School Community,
Happy 6th week of Easter! In today’s Gospel, we are called to love one another just like Jesus loves each one of us. (John 15:9-17) What a beautiful reminder as we start off this week.
SchoolSpeak Online Registration – We are moving to an online tuition system for next school year. If you are registering online, there is a discount of $100 per student registered AND the online registration fee is $400 before June 1st. After, the online registration fee is $500. The registration link will be sent to your email. If you do not receive the link by the end of the week, please let the office know as we need an updated email address. If you need to meet with me regarding tuition, please call the office.
Looking ahead, here is what is coming up/notes for you:• Annie – Our Spring production of Annie is Thursday, 5/31 from 6-7 PM in the Gym. The entire school will perform songs from the play Annie and the play is performed by our St. Jane actors. Tickets are on sale after school until they are all gone. Limited amount of preferred tickets which reserves your seat is $15. General seating is $10 & seats aren’t reserved. There will be no tickets sold at the door that night. Student attire to be announced.
• Knights of Columbus Poster Contest – We are in the middle of a school-wide poster contest on pro-life. There are 3 categories: K-2nd, 3rd-5th, & 6th-8th. Deadline for submitting a poster is this Friday, May 11.
• Yearbook Dedications – If you are an 8th grade parent or would like to create a student tribute, yearbook dedications can be purchased for $100. Deadline for submitting a page is this Friday, May 11. Please look at the link for details. https://bit.ly/2HVsxEW
• School Calendar – The 2018-2019 school calendar is live on our school website. http://www.stjanefrancesschool.org/
• Spring Food Drive – Thank you for supporting our parish community! Together, we donated over 350 items for Pan de Vida to help them over the summer. Thanks especially to our 3rd grade class!
• Kindness Club – The Kindness Club raised $116 in nachos and drinks sales on Thursday. Funds will be donated to help our veterans.
Saints of the Week/Feast Days:• 5/6 – Saints Marian & James
• 5/7 – Saint Rose Venerini
• 5/8 – Saint Peter of Tarentaise
• 5/9 – Saint John of Avila
• 5/10 – Saint Damien of Molokai
• 5/11 – Saint Ignatius of Laconi
• 5/12 – Saints Nereus & Achilleus
(If you click the calendar link, there are biographies of each saint/feast day: https://www.franciscanmedia.org/sod-calendar/ )
School Events:• 5/7 – Annie Rehearsal (Scene 5-6 at 3-4 PM in the Kinder Room)
• 5/8 – Teacher Appreciation Day
• 5/9 – Annie Rehearsal (Scene 7-8 at 3-4 PM in the Kinder Room)
• 5/10 – Annie Rehearsal (All Scenes at 3-4 PM in the Kinder Room)
• 5/11 – Knights of Columbus Poster Contest Due; Yearbook Dedication Due; Pizza/Corn Fundraiser (sponsored by 8th grade after school; also 5/18, 5/25, & 6/1)
• 5/12 – 1st Communion (9 AM meet in Music Room; 10 AM in the Church)
• 5/13 – Happy Mother’s Day!
• 5/17-31 – STAR Testing
• 5/18 – Student of the Month
• 5/25 – May Crowning
• 5/28 – Memorial Day (No School)
• 5/31 – Annie (6-7 PM in Gym; Tickets only)
Let us pray in thanksgiving for the blessing of our teachers and staff, especially during Teacher Appreciation Day!
God bless,Mrs. Bev Reyes