Dear St. Jane Frances de Chantal School Community,
Alleluia! Happy 2nd week of Easter! While Lent was for 40 days, the Easter season lasts for 50 days. Today’s Gospel reflects on Thomas and how he doubted Jesus rising from the dead. Here is a short reflection video by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJAa7dyOYFg&index=8&list=PLpTzvCOJa7DBazRWSYfhGFvBAEXHvO0Cq
Spread the word to your family and friends by sharing St. Jane Frances’ carnival picture via Facebook! Use the picture attachment below or press Facebook's share button on the school's Facebook page. You can show it to the office by Tuesday to receive a service hour.
Looking ahead, here is what is coming up/notes for you:
• No Room Parent Meeting – Tomorrow’s room parent meeting is cancelled. The next meeting is May 7.
• Carnival – Carnival is next weekend! An important letter about it will be sent home on Tuesday. Also, all carnival baskets are to be turned into the office by Wednesday, April 11. Thanks to everyone that has turned in their ticket/food donation money! Finally, carnival clean-up is worth double the hours on Sunday starting at 9 PM. If you have your hours completed, they can count for next year’s service card. Please see Mrs. Whited before or after school this week.
• Yearbook Dedications – If you are an 8th grade parent or would like to create a student tribute, yearbook dedications can be purchased for $100 by April. For more information, please see Ms. Rygiel or Mr. Ramirez.
• Annie – Scene 3 practice in Kinder room Wednesday from 3-4 PM.
Saints of the Week/Feast Days:
• 4/8 – Divine Mercy Sunday; Saint Julie Billiart
• 4/9 – Saint Casilda
• 4/10 – Saint Magdalen of Canossa
• 4/11 – Saint Stanislaus
• 4/12 – Saint Teresa of Los Andes
• 4/13 – Saint Martin I
• 4/14 – Blessed Peter Gonzalez
(If you click the calendar link, there are biographies of each saint/feast day: https://www.franciscanmedia.org/sod-calendar/ )
School Events:• 4/9 – No School (Teacher Professional Development)
• 4/13-15 – Carnival (No School on the 13th)
• 4/16 – No School (Carnival Clean-up)
• 4/20 – No School (Teacher Professional Development)
• 4/22 – Family Mass @ 9 AM/Breakfast (Sponsored by 7th Grade)
• 4/27 – Student of the Month (8:45 AM in the Church)
• 4/28 – 1st Reconciliation (9:30 AM in the Church)
I hope you are having a joyous Easter season. See you at school on Tuesday, April 10!
God bless,Mrs. Bev Reyes
Mrs. Ashley Giron