Dear St. Jane Frances de Chantal School Community,
Last week you may have heard of the terrible tragedy that occurred in Florida. Our hearts and prayers go out to the families that are hurting.
We at St. Jane Frances know how vital it is to keep our students safe at school as well as that they know they are cared for in Christ’s love. Our school has safety procedures and drills that are practiced, such as earthquakes, lockdowns, & fires. The last PTO meeting highlighted child development, bullying, & supporting student growth. There are Teaching Touching Safety classes that teach students about personal safety and internet safety. This week, we are hosting anti-bullying assemblies for K-8th grades. The school is also in the middle of purchasing gate buzzers for increased school safety.
Below are some article resources for parents that can be helpful:
Healthy Children: https://www.healthychildren.org/English/family-life/Media/Pages/Talking-To-Children-About-Tragedies-and-Other-News-Events.aspx
Child Mind Institute https://childmind.org/article/helping-children-cope-frightening-news/
Looking ahead, here is what is coming up/notes for you:• Lent – Lent is a time to reflect on where we are in our relationship with God and how we can grow closer in our faith. It’s a time of prayer, almsgiving (giving to the poor), and fasting. Here’s an article from Our Sunday Visitor: https://www.osv.com/Article/TabId/493/ArtMID/13569/ArticleID/11461/Your-Guide-To-A-Catholic-Lent.aspx
• Jog-a-thon – Save the date: Tuesday, 2/27 is our upcoming Jog-a-thon! It is $20 per family – money & permission slip turned into the homeroom teacher. Proceeds go to purchasing the new gate buzzers for increased school safety.
• Carnival – Carnival sign-ups are available 1/30-3/30 before and after school Monday-Thursday. On Fridays, the office has the sign-up sheets, which parent schedule changes can take place. Thank you for your support!
• Annie – Tryout sign-ups for the musical, Annie, will continue until Feb. 28 outside of Kindergarten’s classroom. The production will take place in June.
Saints of the Week/Feast Days:
• 2/18 - Blessed John of Fiesole
• 2/19 – Saint Conrad of Piacenza
• 2/20 - Saints Jacinta & Francisco Marto
• 2/21 – Saint Peter Damian
• 2/22 – Chair of Saint Peter
• 2/23 – Saint Polycarp
• 2/24 – Blessed Luke Belludi
(If you click the calendar link, there are biographies of each saint/feast day: https://www.franciscanmedia.org/sod-calendar/ )
School Events:• 2/20-23 – Onward Readers Teacher Professional Development
• 2/21 – Power of One (Anti-bullying assemblies for K-8th grade)
• 2/22 – Stations of the Cross (every Thursday in Lent at 9 AM)
• 2/23 – Student of the Month
• 2/27 – Jog-a-thon (Proceeds go to purchase new gate buzzers)
• 2/28 – 8th Grade Pictures
• 3/8 – Jump Rope for Heart (with the American Heart Association)
• 3/9 – Trimester II Ends; Student of the Month; Gate Buzzers Fundraiser (Pizza/Corn after school)
• 3/10 – 1st Communion Retreat (9:30 AM-12:30 PM)
• 3/11– Daylight Savings; Family Mass/Breakfast (sponsored by 3rd & 4th grade); Academic Decathlon
God bless,Mrs. Bev Reyes
Mrs. Ashley Giron