Dear St. Jane Frances de Chantal School Community,
Happy 2nd Sunday of Lent! Today’s Gospel talks about the Transfiguration, where Jesus brought some of his disciples up a mountain. During that time, Jesus changed in clothing, spoke to two prophets that appeared and God spoke aloud, “This is my beloved Son. Listen to him.” Take a moment to retreat with this short reflection video by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZKgS8Lx4d8&t=0s&index=25&list=PLpTzvCOJa7DCtgpPT22G8NClHeoKpWu5Q
Looking ahead, here is what is coming up/notes for you:• Jog-a-thon – Tuesday, 2/27 is almost here! Please have your child come in P.E. clothes & bring a bottled water with their name on it . Lunch time food will be sold for $1 & $5 until sold out. If you would like to cheer your child on that day, please sign in with the office that morning. Proceeds will go towards purchasing the new gate buzzers for increased school safety .
• Movie Night – Our Movie Night sign-ups are extended to tomorrow. Parents get a free service hour for attending. We would love to see everyone there at our community event! See flyer for details.
• Menchie’s – Menchie’s frozen yogurt is coming to St. Jane’s this Friday after school! 25% of the proceeds will be donated to the school.
• Carnival purchases – $65Carnival tickets & $50 to help with purchasing carnival items are due by March 9. If you haven’t picked up your tickets, please do so ASAP.
• Carnival security – Sign-ups to volunteer for carnival security is with Mrs. Roumbus from 7AM-2:40 PM Monday-Thursday starting March 5. This will be up until it is filled. Thank you to all parents who helped with previous carnival security, especially Mr.Cabil.
• Annie – Tryout sign-ups for our school musical, Annie, will continue until Feb. 28 outside of Kindergarten’s classroom. The production will take place in June.
Saints of the Week/Feast Days:• 2/25 - Blessed Sebastian of Aparicio
• 2/26 – Saint Maria Bertilla Boscardin
• 2/27 - Saint Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows
• 2/28 – Blessed Daniel Brottier
• 3/1 – Saint David of Wales
• 3/2 – Saint Agnes of Bohemia
• 3/3 – Saint Katherine Drexel
(If you click the calendar link, there are biographies of each saint/feast day: https://www.franciscanmedia.org/sod-calendar/ )
School Events:• 2/27 – Jog-a-thon (Proceeds go to purchase new gate buzzers)
• 2/28 – 8th Grade Pictures
• 3/1 – Stations of the Cross (every Thursday in Lent at 9 AM)
• 3/2 – Menchie’s fundraiser (after school); Movie Night
• 3/8 – Jump Rope for Heart (with the American Heart Association)
• 3/9 – Trimester II Ends; Student of the Month; Gate Buzzers Fundraiser (Pizza/Corn after school)
• 3/10 – 1st Communion Retreat (9:30 AM-12:30 PM)
• 3/11– Daylight Savings; Family Mass/Breakfast (sponsored by 3rd & 4th grade); Academic Decathlon
God bless,Mrs. Bev Reyes
Mrs. Ashley Giron