Dear St. Jane Frances de Chantal School Community,
We have an exciting week ahead! This is the 3rd STAR testing window of the year, which will help teachers support students in their early literacy, reading and math growth. Also, Teaching Touching Safety, which promotes personal student safety, will be taught in grades K-8 with an added component of internet safety. This will take place within a 2-week time frame.
Furthermore, on Tuesday, 2/6, we welcome our WASC Visiting Committee for a 3-day visit of our accreditation process. We will introduce them to the student body during morning assembly. Prior to their arrival, they spent time getting to know our school through last month’s pre-visit and the staff’s preparations. Throughout the day, the Visiting Committee will visit classes and meet with stakeholders (which includes Fr. Antonio, Leadership Team, staff, students, the PTO Board and Room Parents). The purpose of the visit is to celebrate what our school does well and what we need to improve on.
Thank you to the staff for all of their WASC preparation, as well as the Room Parents for taking care of breakfast. (Reminder: breakfast items can be turned in during the Room Parent Meeting tomorrow!)
Looking ahead, here is what is coming up/notes for you:• New gate buzzers – We are working on purchasing buzzers/cameras for both school gates. This will increase safety by allowing the office to see incoming visitors and buzz them into the school property through the front office gates, as well as the parish parking lot. If you would like to donate or learn more about it, please talk to the office.
• Class Mardi Gras/Valentine’s Day Party –2/14, Valentine’s Day is Ash Wednesday and is the start of Lent. We will be celebrating that day with an All School Mass. Therefore, please be on the look out for information from your room parent. Class parties will be celebrated on Tuesday, 2/13.
• Jog-a-thon – Save the date: Tuesday, 2/27 is our upcoming Jog-a-thon! It is $20 per family to participate. Flyers will be sent out this week.
• Carnival – Our school carnival is 4/13-15. On Monday, carnival tickets will be sent home.Parents must sign out the tickets in the classroom with the teacher. Also, the $50 for FOOD per family and $65 for the RIDE tickets ($115 in total) are due by March 9th. Lastly, carnival sign-ups are available 1/30-3/30 before and after school Monday-Thursday. On Fridays, the office has the sign-up sheets, which parent schedule changes can take place. Thank you for your support!
• Facebook – We have a new school Facebook site! Come and like our site: https://www.facebook.com/SJFNoHo/
Saints of the Week/Feast Days:• 2/4 - Saint Joseph of Leonissa
• 2/5 – Saint Agatha
• 2/6 - Saint Paul Miki & Companions
• 2/7 – Saint Colette
• 2/8 – Saint Josephine Bakhita
• 2/9 – Saint Jerome Emiliani
• 2/10 - Saint Scholastica
(If you click the calendar link, there are biographies of each saint/feast day: https://www.franciscanmedia.org/sod-calendar/ )
School Events:• 2/5-9 – STAR Testing
• 2/6-8 – WASC Accreditation Visit
• 2/9 – No School (Teacher Professional Development)
• 2/11 – Family Mass @ 9 AM
• 2/13 – Ash Wednesday, Valentine’s Day
• 2/15 – Stations of the Cross
• 2/16 – No School (WCEA/WASC)
• 2/19 – No School (Presidents’ Day)
God bless,Mrs. Bev Reyes
Mrs. Ashley Giron