Dear St. Jane Frances de Chantal School Community,
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Today marks the feast day of the Epiphany, which is when the wise men came to visit Jesus. I hope that your Christmas season is filled with joy and rest.
Looking ahead, here is what is coming up:• 12 Days of Christmas – If you already paid for 12 Days of Christmas, the patriotic free dress will be held on Tuesday, January 9. You can wear red, white, and blue clothing.
• Facebook – We have a new school Facebook site! Come and like our site: https://www.facebook.com/SJFNoHo/
• WASC Pre-Visit – We will have teachers & principals from other Catholic schools come on Thursday, January 11 to help us prepare for our WASC Accreditation visit that’s set in February. Please make sure to give a hearty St. Jane Frances hello!
• PTO Meeting – The 1st PTO meeting of the year is tentatively set for Tuesday, January 23 at 6 PM. Each family earns 1 service hour by attending that night. Please bring your service hour sheet with you.
Saints of the Week/Feast Days:• 1/7 - Saint Raymond of Penafort
• 1/8 - Saint Angela of Foligno
• 1/9 - Saint Adrian of Canterbury
• 1/10 – Saint Gregory of Nyssa
• 1/11 - Blessed William Carter
• 1/12 - Saint Marguerite Bourgeoys
• 1/13 - Saint Hilary of Poitiers
(If you click the calendar link, there are biographies of each saint/feast day: https://www.franciscanmedia.org/sod-calendar/ )
School Events:• 1/8 – Back to School
• 1/9 – 12 Days of Christmas Free Dress (Patriotic: red, white, & blue)
• 1/11 – WASC Pre-Visit
• 1/15 – Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Holiday – No School)
• 1/18 – VIRTUS Recertification in DeChantal Hall @ 7-8:30 PM
• 1/23 – PTO Meeting @ 6 PM (tentative) Receive 1 family service hour!
• 1/28-2/2 – Catholic Schools’ Week
• 1/28 – Family Mass @ 9 AM; Open House @10:30 AM-12 PM
Thank you to all the staff for making our school’s Christmas program a success. Most especially, I would like to thank Mr. Medrano for preparing the students with a wonderful program and Ms. Ventura for taking care of the beautiful decorations.Lastly, I am truly grateful for your kind words and gifts during the Christmas season. Your thoughtfulness is such a blessing!
I look forward to seeing you and your family as we begin school tomorrow. Cheers to an exciting new year!
God bless,Mrs. Bev Reyes
Mrs. Ashley Giron