Dear St. Jane Frances de Chantal School Community,
Welcome to the beginning of Trimester II and the start of Conferences week! In order to prepare for a great conference with your teacher, I have attached a handout that can be helpful. Together, with your teachers, we can all help your child do their very best.
Looking ahead, here is what is coming up:
· Conferences are this week and dismissal for Wednesday-Friday are 12:40 PM.
· Pumpkin/Apple Pie - Fliers were handed out earlier this week. They are selling for $4, along with whip cream & milk. Pre-order is due in the beginning of the week!
· Santa’s Workshop – Every classroom will have a sign-up sheet for volunteers to help set-up/wrap presents. This is a great way to do your service hours. (You need to be VIRTUS trained to wrap presents.)
· VIRTUS training is coming up this Saturday. You can sign up by calling the parish office. (818) 985 - 8600
· Nurse Wood has sent a flier on an upcoming Diabetes Expo coming up this weekend. It is attached below.
Saints of the Week/Feast Days:
• 11/13 - Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini
• 11/14 - Saint Gertrude the Great
• 11/15 - Saint Albert the Great
• 11/16 - Saint Margaret of Scotland
• 11/17 - Saint Elizabeth of Hungary
• 11/18 - Dedication of Churches of Saints Peter & Paul
• 11/19 - Saint Agnes of Assisi
(If you click the calendar link, there are biographies of each saint/feast day: https://www.franciscanmedia.org/sod-calendar/ )
• 11/13-15 - STAR Testing
• 11/13 - Trimester II Begins, Girls’ B Volleyball Game
• 11/15 – Picture Retake
• 11/15-17 Parent Conferences/Early Dismissal 12:40 PM
• 11/16 – Pumpkin Pie Sale
• 11/17 – Student of the Month & Honor Roll 8:45 AM, 8th Grade Fundraiser
• 11/18 – VIRTUS Training (English)
• 11/18-26 – Thanksgiving Break
Mrs. Bev Reyes
Mrs. Ashley Giron