Dear St. Jane Frances de Chantal School Community,
The school will be celebrating Monday, October 30th as Mrs. Boyd Day to commemorate her decades of service to the school. You are welcome to come at 1:15 PM in the gym to join in the festivities.
Looking ahead, here is what is coming up/notes to remember:
· If you pre-paid for afterschool art, you can get reimbursed via the office.
· Thank you to all the families that donated Halloween candy and signed up to volunteer for the Halloween festival. Donations and sign-ups will continue this week.
· VIRTUS training is coming up on 11/18 from 9:30 AM-12:30 PM. This is necessary to volunteer on campus and on field trips.You can sign up via the parish office.
· Lost & Found has several items including eyeglasses. Please check with the office for lost items.
· The office is collecting box tops. This is a great way to help support the school as you purchase your everyday items. Also, if you shop at Ralphs, consider adding St. Jane Frances to your Rewards Card. A percentage of your purchase is donated automatically to the school at no cost to you. Here is a website for more information: www.ralphs.com/asset/2017-2018_ralphs_org_FAQs
Saints of the Week/Feast Days:
• 10/23 - Saint John of Capistrano
• 10/24 - Saint Anthony Mary Claret
• 10/25 - Saint Antonio de Sant’Anna Galvao
• 10/26 - Saint Peter of Alcantara
• 10/27 - Blessed Bartholomew of Vicenza
• 10/28 - Saints Simon & Jude
• 10/29 - Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem
(If you click the calendar link, there are biographies of each saint/feast day: https://www.franciscanmedia.org/sod-calendar/ )
• 10/23, 10/25, 10/30, 11/1 - Girls' B Volleyball Game
• 10/27 - No School (Teacher Professional Development)
• 10/27-29 - Parish Festival
• 10/30 – Mrs. Boyd Day
• 10/31 – Halloween Parade/Halloween Fall Festival/Minimum Day (12:40 Dismissal)
• 11/1 - All Saints’ Day; All School Mass
• 11/2 - All Souls’ Day
• 11/2-15 - STAR Testing
Many of us may remember today’s Saint of the Day, Pope John Paul II, growing up. Saint John Paul II was an advocate for the youth, so much so that he started World Youth Day, a celebration of Catholic youth that takes places every several years in various countries. In fact, the last one was hosted in his home country of Poland. I leave you with a quote from today’s saint:
Do not be afraid. Do not be satisfied with mediocrity. Put out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch.
-St. John Paul II
May our week be filled with God’s courage and love as we live out Christ’s call to serve our families, friends and everyone we come into contact with.
Mrs. Bev Reyes
Mrs. Ashley Giron